Author Topic: Upgrade to 2.0.2, unit no longer responding at all  (Read 19143 times)

p2gee

• View Profile
Re: Upgrade to 2.0.2, unit no longer responding at all
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 10:33:49 pm »
No doubt could be a software issue but please be aware that a intermittent or high resistance connection in zone wiring could easily mimic a software problem. Don't know if you have ever checked how the wires are connected at any of your zone actuators, but if the wires are just twisted together or speed nutted, this is very bad news in general. Twisted copper in a low voltage (24v) circuit exposed to wide temp and moisture extremes is just asking for connection problems over time. Over the years dealing with various zone connections and cut wiring on my system I always solder the wires back together. Provides zero volt drop connection and eliminates problems further down the road.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 07:54:28 pm »
It's cold be a software issue.  But since there is no log, we don't really know unless we can get access to the controller.
What we can do now is monitor it and hopefully we can catch it when it starts to miss.

ryan.mercer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 12:36:42 am »
Is there an API that I can call that will validate the system is functioning as designed? And not just responding to a ping or http call?

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 08:40:37 pm »
Ryan,

Please check your email for how to find the API doc.