Author Topic: Controller IP configuration  (Read 7982 times)

LookingForAWiFiContoller

• View Profile
Controller IP configuration
« on: August 04, 2013, 05:44:36 pm »
Please provide more technical info on how to configure this controller on a home network. I don't see anyplace where I can change the static IP (192.168.1.1) to match my home subnet (10.0.0.X).  Waiting with interest to see your reply to Vans1330's problem with duplicate IPs. 

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Controller IP configuration
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:22:43 pm »
Configuring the controller to join your home router is very quick and easy.

BlueSpray controller can run in 2 wireless modes: "Stand alone" and "Internet".

In "Stand alone" mode (by default), the controller actually is in AP or Master mode, which means it is practically a wireless router, but without internet access.  It is designed for you to have direct connection to the controller so that you can enter your home router information.  In this mode the controller has an SSID called bluespray.  On your computer or laptop, just join the bluespray SSID, type http://192.168.1.1 in your browser and you are connected directly to the controller.

Click on the "Settings" tab, then click on "System".  In the Wifi section, select "Internet" for mode, enter your home router SSID.  You can also click on the wifi button to search for wireless networks that are in range of the controller.  Locate your wireless network, then click "OK".  Select the encryption type your router operates, enter the passphrase, then click on "Save".

Once you click "Save", the controller will attempt to join your home wireless network with the information that you entered.  You should see a popup that tells you to rejoin your home wireless network and click "OK".  If you've entered all the information correctly, the controller should be able to join your home wireless network, and get on the internet on its own.  You then will be redirected to the controller at its new IP address obtained from your router.

We will post some tutorial videos in the up coming days.  Please check back.  If you have any questions at all, please ask by posting on this forum or email our support team directly.  Thanks.

LookingForAWiFiContoller

• View Profile
Re: Controller IP configuration
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 09:42:29 am »
Exactly what I wanted to know.
Thanks very much.