Author Topic: Controller stuck in a program  (Read 5950 times)

ryan.mercer

• View Profile
Controller stuck in a program
« on: June 30, 2014, 12:38:36 pm »
Noticed this weekend that my controller appeared to 'stuck' on a program. It had been running a single zone for over 8 hours (scheduled for 2 hours) when I noticed the swimming pools formed around my trees ;-). Had to reboot the controller to get it back to normal, and all subsequent schedules did not run as it was well past their start time.

Couple questions.

1. Is there any log that can be pulled to help identify (and resolve) why that may have happened?
2. Is there any sort of heartbeat monitoring that can be used on your site that reports out if the controller hasn't checked in during the last x hours?

This has shaken my confidence in the unit a little bit as I travel quite a bit and can't have the unit experiencing stuff like this while I'm gone and unable to monitor. Not complaining, just worried as AZ summers are not kind to un-watered plants ;-)

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Controller stuck in a program
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:21:38 pm »
Version 1.2-a does fix the not ending a run bug seen in some 1.2 system.  Please update to the latest firmware to see if it helps.
There is a heartbeat interval that you can set in Settings->Operations.  This is the frequency that the controller will check in with the server (default 24 hrs).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 01:23:30 pm by bluespray_admin »

ryan.mercer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:32:55 pm »
Thanks, have asked in another thread how to get 1.2-a (and not 1.2).

I already have the heartbeat configured for 24 hours, what I'm asking is if the server can be config'd to alert if it hasn't heard from the box in x hours.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 04:13:34 pm »
We haven't put in the alert feature, but if there is enough interest, we'll consider it.