Author Topic: Different days on different stations.  (Read 7481 times)

Fholbert

• View Profile
Different days on different stations.
« on: June 22, 2014, 11:03:37 am »
My new BlueSpray arrived Friday, I'm trying to set up the zones.

I'm wanting zones 1-11 to run daily. Zones 12, 13 and 14 to run odd days and zone 15 to run once a week.  Is that not possible? I suspect there is a work around to make this happen.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Different days on different stations.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 02:17:30 pm »
Yes, you absolutely can right now.  BlueSpray is designed to be flexible to support scheduling demands like this.

With unlimited programs and start times, you can make a program that runs only zones 1-11, another program to run only 12, 13, 14 and another program that runs zone 15 only.  Then in Schedules, select your interval for each program.

Fholbert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 07:05:14 pm »
Thanks for your help.

One of the reasons I purchased BlueSpray was to get away from three separate systems I currently have. I have to watch when it gets really hot and I add X minutes to each station that I don't run over into the start time of the next controller because I don't have enough water pressure to run two systems at the same time.

With one 16 station BlueSpray system running different start times could I still have that problem?

Canada_Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 07:19:28 pm »
Fholbert:

What you're describing is exactly why I have ordered a BlueSpray controller. I presently have 2 separate controllers and run into the problem of trying to avoid overlapping times between them (I'm on a well).

In the BlueSpray user guide, it has this information:

On the controller under Settings tab, click on the Operations tab.  Look for the  Stack runs option.

The manual gives this description:
In Stack mode, overlapping runs will be rescheduled to be run sequentially. Otherwise, they will be run in parallel. Note that if you schedule concurrent runs, you may not have enough pressure to water your lawn properly. Residential users should typically choose Yes for Stack mode.

It looks like you can also you the "Seasons" feature to add a percentage of time to all your watering zones in one easy step. It looks like you can only go up to 140%.

The manual gives this description:
Percentage. Enter the water budget for the season. The percentage applies to the run time configured. For example, if you set 100% for the summer and 50% for the fall, and each zone to run for 10 minutes, then the controller will run the full 10 minutes in the summer and 5 minutes in the fall. A percentage ending with a 5 is rounded up. For example, 55% will run for 6 minutes.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:25:19 pm by Canada_Guy »

Fholbert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 10:56:05 pm »
Good info, thanks for the help.