Author Topic: Email Warning on Heartbeat Failure  (Read 7198 times)

tallecks

• View Profile
Email Warning on Heartbeat Failure
« on: May 12, 2014, 09:34:12 pm »
Hi,
Just bought a controller and I'm in the configuration and setup phase.   I noticed that there is a heartbeat from the device that is used to keep the IP address up to date.   Any chance that there could be an email warning sent to me if the heartbeat isn't received?  If I'm away from home for a few days it would be nice to know that there is a potential watering failure.   
Thanks!
Todd     

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Email Warning on Heartbeat Failure
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:42:52 am »
Can't promise anything, but it is a good idea.  We will put it in the feature request queue.

KJH

• View Profile
Re: Email Warning on Heartbeat Failure
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 11:11:11 am »
This would be a wonderful, useful, and quite frankly it is a necessary feature. I use Bluespray to control irrigation in our second home across the country. I am very happy with it. However, a power failure occurred at the house causing Bluespray to lose connectivity. I was unaware of this until I just happened to log in to Bluespray about a week later and noticed the last "heartbeat" was over 10 days prior, so my lawns/borders were not being watered during that time. I really hope there is a way to establish an "alert" feature when things go wrong -- it would be wonderful to be notified!!