Author Topic: Master Valve Control by Zone  (Read 9452 times)

stevelester

• View Profile
Master Valve Control by Zone
« on: April 05, 2014, 04:14:46 pm »
I would like to be able to set the master valve setting by zone. Here's my challenge: I irrigate my property from a well/pond setup which has the master valve to control the pump in the pond.  However, I have a zone to fill my pool which I don't want to use the well/pond water but city water.  Right now if I use my BlueSpray to control my pool filler valve it causes issues because it turns on the master valve and pond/irrigation pump which causes an overload on the circuit therefore shutting down the pump system.  If I could control the master valve by zone then I could disable it for that zone only.

Thanks!

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Master Valve Control by Zone
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 02:49:36 pm »
The master valve is designed to turn on for each and every run as in a traditional way.

So when you irrigate from the pond, you'd need the master valve to turn on the pump.  But when you fill up the pool, you don't want to turn on the pump.  With a traditional controller, you'd need 2 controllers to do these 2 different tasks.  But it sounds like what you want may be just the ability to specify which run or program should use the master valve.  Correct?

stevelester

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:51:45 pm »
Correct.  I would like to see the option to control the master valve by zone, not as a central setting.  The increased flexibility would be great.  Right now my solution is to use two controllers with the pool being connected to my old controller and everything else from the BlueSpray.  However, that limits me from being able to remotely control the pool filler if I need to extend or cancel a run. 

Thanks

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 02:18:39 am »
You can dedicate one of the terminals to your pump.  Add a program and schedule to run that pump only.  Then run it in parallel to your runs.

stevelester

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 11:47:50 am »
Thanks, I will suggest that to my irrigation person.  We're using all the zones right now so we may need to combine a couple of zones (assuming the pump can keep up) or add an expansion module.  Either way it's an interesting approach to the matter. 

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 11:33:46 pm »
We've added Master Valve by program, which is more flexible in 1.2.3.