Author Topic: My three 3 way valves need 9 "zones" to operate properly  (Read 6530 times)

hilly555

• View Profile
My three 3 way valves need 9 "zones" to operate properly
« on: February 12, 2014, 06:39:26 am »
I find that I'm short 1 zone as I need 9 to operate the three 3 way valves.
How do I obtain and install an expansion board. I'm comfortable with electronics so am happy to fit it.

Thanks
Hilly

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My three 3 way valves need 9 "zones" to operate properly
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 04:33:14 pm »
I have no idea how you'd operate a 3 way valve, but if you need more zones, you'd need to install an expander board.

Each expander board is $50 USD.  2 boards can be installed under the main board.  The expander boards are always pre-installed at the factory, we don't recommend users to install it, but someone with some electronics background can do it, but we do not support it.  Besides, it would require open up the case, remove the main board (which voids the warranty), then install the expander board(s) in the slot(s) beneath the main board and then connect the power and data cable.

If you understand the risk and still wish to acquire an expander board, you can order it by emailing our support or sales group.  We will fulfil it, but we must say that we cannot support it.

hilly555

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 12:47:24 am »
Thanks for the reply.

The three way valve requires 3 zones to operate it, one of which is a sub minute timed signal to shut off the water at the supply port.
If I can't set a sub minute program, I will need to insert prior to the 3 way valve a normal 2 way valve and actuator to shut off the water, they will cost aprox $150 each and I'll need three.

Each of those three will need 2 zones to make it operate.

In case you are wondering, I am using pond water which very quickly blocks up the filters that irrigation solenoids require. I expect the 3 way valves to be able to handle the pond water easily.
I will be irrigation with impact sprinklers which can easily handle the pond water. (its a massive pond, we call them a dam here in OZ)

Is it possible to for me to send this unit back and I'll pay the difference and postage to Australia for the expanded version?
if so, please provide a shipping address and an amount to pay.

Thanks
Hilly

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:16:58 am »
Sure, we can swap it out for you if you pay the difference.  Please contact our support group at support@bluespray.net and they will take care of it there.