Author Topic: Cant access BlueSpray  (Read 10791 times)

duncanw

• View Profile
Cant access BlueSpray
« on: January 07, 2014, 04:26:45 am »
I booted up the router as per manual instructions, connected to BlueSpray and configured the router for access to my wireless network.  It then locked up ie I could not get access to the lawn page etc.  Ive tried rebooting the controller (reset button on the side) however, I cant see the BlueSpray wireless network.  Tried the reboot several times now, but no luck...disappointed and annoyed after spending $250 and having it shipped Down Under.  The blue and green lights are on, but the amber is flashing.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cant access BlueSpray
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:51:30 pm »
Duncan,

After you entered the wifi info, the controller will switch to wifi client mode and attempts to connect to your wireless router.  If all information is correct, it should be able to join your home network and get on the internet.  The amber light should stop flashing after it's able to sync time.  The bluespray network should be gone by now because it has switched the wifi mode.

If your amber light is still flashing, it means that for some reason, it cannot join your wifi network.  This could be because it is out of range or the authentication info you entered was not correct.  Please make sure the wifi signal is strong where the controller is mounted.  If not, you should get a wifi range extender.  If your signal is good and it still cannot access your network, then you probably have entered the wrong authentication info.  Make sure you typed in the passphrase correctly and you select the correct encryption method.

Finally, if it still can't get on the network, you have to start the process over by setting the controller to the default state.  Just slide the reset switch to the down position for 10-20 seconds then slide it back up.  The controller should enter the default state, you should be able to see the bluespray wifi network and start over again.

If you still have any questions, please do not hesitate to email our support group.

duncanw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 03:43:24 am »
Thanks for this, however, have confirmed with James from tech support that there is no problem with wifi as device actually regsitered on BlueSpray server with IP address etc.

Since then have tried the following
Here's what I have done

1)   Powered up the router.  After boot up amber light starts flashing.  I entered 10.0.0.127 into browser, get a response after a little while "The connection has timed out The server at 10.0.0.127 is taking too long to respond".

2) Reset button off for 20 secs and then on - after boot up amber light start flashing.  No "BlueSpray" wifi signal

In both cases above, the device has not registered on router ie no mac address / ip address

Not happy !  :(

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:30:41 am »
Duncan,

Through our conversations, it appears that the controller might be defective and not able to recognize the switch position change.  We'll send you a replacement controller immediately.  Sorry for the troubles.