Author Topic: Upgraded to v2 - no longer responding/missing settings  (Read 8362 times)

ryan.mercer

• View Profile
Upgraded to v2 - no longer responding/missing settings
« on: December 05, 2015, 02:58:34 pm »
Upgraded to v2 - now it's just hung

All settings are missing, no zones/programs/schedule/seasons. However one time when it did at least show the time, it indicated it was using my 'winter' settings, so something must be in there.

Status on everything is showing as unknown.

I've tried to reboot it from the interface, no luck. Power cycled the device and it comes back online, but again all data missing and browser shows that it's waiting for the device - same response from mobile device as well; just a spinning wheel. If I open an additional browser it says it's waiting for an available port.

How do I make this usable again?

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Upgraded to v2 - no longer responding/missing settings
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:58:52 am »
Your settings didn't go away. You just need to reset controller:

Slide the reset switch down.  The amber light should blink once.
The amber light will start blinking again after 5 seconds for 10 times.  While it blinks, slide the switch up.

Please read:

https://www.bluespray.net/forums/index.php?topic=157.msg524#new

for changes in 2.0 and how access differs from 1.x.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:18:31 am by bluespray_admin »

ryan.mercer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 01:40:03 pm »
Thanks for the input, but that did not solve the issue. I ultimately had to go into Discovery mode and reconfigure my network settings.

As for the link to the firmware update, I did read that prior to doing this effort. The steps you had me attempt were tied to forgetting your password; I know my password so I'm not sure why I would have attempted that as a troubleshooting step?

So maybe a better definition of what the 'reset' process does would be a valuable item to add to the write-up. From what I've seen, the steps you provided not only does a reset...but it also removes your password???

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 08:32:00 pm »
In 2.0, "reset" does reset your networking and web server settings i.e. your http login password.
When updating to 2.0, there is a web server setting that improves the web server performance did not get migrated in your case.  The way to set it is to reset the web server, hence the "reset" procedure.  Unfortunately, it also resets the network.  You'll have to reconfigure the network again.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:34:26 pm by bluespray_admin »