Author Topic: Daylight Savings Change Glitch  (Read 9126 times)

dmatooch

• View Profile
Daylight Savings Change Glitch
« on: October 29, 2015, 12:09:00 pm »
Just purchased & installed the BlueSpray controller.   I noticed when in Calendar view that after the daylight savings change on 11/1, my schedules have changed their start times by an hour AND - more importantly - the day has also changed.   ==> i.e.  a program scheduled to start at 4:30am on Mondays changes to starting AT 3:30am on Tuesdays after the time change on 11/1.  Seems like a software bug in how the time change is handled.   My controller came with firmware version 1.3 - I updated TO V2.0 but this didn't fix the problem.   

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight Savings Change Glitch
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 02:06:57 pm »
The controller stores the time in number of seconds since 1/1/1970. So when it calculates for the calendar, it shows the time relative to the current time.  However, when the day comes, it'll automatically adjust the to the time change and will execute correctly.

dmatooch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 10:44:09 pm »
OK - I get it.   Thanks for the quick response.   

alkoch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 06:31:23 pm »
Reporting the glitch after Nov 1st that dmatooch reported earlier.  My timezone is set properly, V2 firmware, My settings in there calendar show 1 hour earlier and one day later than in settings.  Seems the time change didn't take effect properly, and the day of the week changed based on checked boxes in scheduling tabs. Reset controller a few times and cleared and re entered all programs. Still the same.  Thank you

dmatooch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 01:47:38 am »
Based on the response from Bluespray, this clock and program schedule timing glitch should have been resolved after the time change last night.  This did not happen - Alkoch has also confirmed the same issue.   After the daylight savings time change, all my programs shown in calendar are delayed by 23 hours from what has been programmed.   I tried entering a new schedule as a test - set a station to water on Mon, We'd, Fri at 11:00am.  This showed up in the calendar as Tue, Thur, Sat at 10:00am.    Need this fixed.   

dmatooch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 05:05:48 am »
Just checked the calendar again (now it's 11/2) and it did indeed correct itself.  Sorry for the fire drill.

alkoch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 09:13:27 am »
Confirming schedule returned to normal. It seems the time change (and revert back to correct day), occurred Nov 2nd instead of Nov 1st. Albeit, all is well again. Firmware must have been one day off.
Thank you

Suggest a fix for next Spring, and beyond season changes, in future firmware updates.