Author Topic: cant get back in  (Read 5374 times)

danowe36

• View Profile
cant get back in
« on: October 09, 2015, 08:29:05 am »
I recently updated to 2.0 and then i lost power. i did set it up with a fixed ip. now i cant get back into it, i hit the switch and then blue spray showed up as one of the connections. i try connecting and it tells me i cant connect to it. i did this many of times before the update with no problem. after the ip would change on me after a power outing.

Bazongo

• View Profile
Re: cant get back in
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 08:35:41 pm »
Your controller has 2.0.  You have to leave the switch down.  Once the switch is up, the
controller no longer runs the hotspot.

The way it works is when you slide the switch down, the controller operated the bluespray
hotspot for you to connect directly to provision, set up networking, etc.  When you slide
it up, the hotspot goes away, but if you've configured it to connect to you router, you can
then just access it from your network.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: cant get back in
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:16:22 am »
The way it works in 2.0 is regardless whether your controller is able to connect to your router or not, when you slide the switch down, it will operate a hotspot named bluespray so that you can use your wifi device to have direct connection to it.

This is designed to provide easy access to the controller.  Once connected to the hotspot, just type 192.168.123.1 on your browser and you'll see the UI. You can do provisioning, program the controller, check on the network connections, etc.  If you have a technician coming to service your system, just slide the switch down before leaving for work. The technician should be able to access it with his phone or tablet , service the system without you being home.

When done, you should slide the switch up. The hotspot will be disabled (so that your neighbor won't be able to access it).