Author Topic: "Problem locating account information" when registering the controller  (Read 6409 times)

sundowner35

• View Profile
All attempts at registering my controller return a "problem locating account information" message on the registration pop-up.

Tried IE & Chrome on 2 different Win 7 machines, disabling the (Norton) firewall, an iPad using Safari and Chrome, have even upgraded my router since first attempts and still unable to get the registration to work.  What an I missing here?

I'm trying to activate the weather feature, the main reason I chose this controller.       

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Sounds like you've specified that you had an account with us when register, but we can't find it in our database.

Did you already create an account with us before?

sundowner35

• View Profile
I thought I had, but apparently since the "Register" button is still visible on the controller I'm not registered - but then that's my problem:  when I attempt to register as a new user I still get the "problem location account information" message. 

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It looks like your controller is already register.  You do not have to do that again.  Some times when the controller cannot connect to our server to get its status, it just thinks that it is not registered.  Just refresh the browser and it should clear the Register button.

sundowner35

• View Profile
Sorry for the delay in following-up, but I was quite busy prepping for hydro-seeding a completely new lawn. 
The Register Button remains, and attempts to register have the same result. 
The rains can be unpredictable this time of year so the weather feature would be very useful!

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The server throws the "Problem locating account information" because it's not getting the email and password to set up your account.

Please email our support group for further assistance.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:09:31 pm by bluespray_admin »