Author Topic: Weather Induced Schedule Changes?  (Read 5300 times)

ryan.mercer

• View Profile
Weather Induced Schedule Changes?
« on: September 17, 2014, 05:09:22 pm »
How can I tell if my watering schedule was modified based on the weather settings I have in place?  I ask be cause the 'history' tab reflects a normal water cycle on a day when AZ received the most amount of rainfall in recorded history?

My settings are:
Enabled - Yes
60% chance of rain
18hr - forecast range
Temp - 0 degrees
Wind speed - 60mph

Is there a way to get visibility to
1. The weather data that's used to make the determination?
2. What decision was made?
3. A way to reflect what water was NOT wasted as a result of the decision?

Thanks!

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Weather Induced Schedule Changes?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:18:38 pm »
The controller would download weather info from NOAA 1 hour before a schedule run if you enabled the weather feature.  It will ask for data for the next X hours in the forecast range number.  In your case, it the forecast says there's a 61% chance or higher of rain, the run is cancelled.  It may rain in your area, but the forecast probably said less than 60%.  Remember, it's only a forecast and it may not be 100% accurate.

If it is cancelled, you will see it in Today's run.  The controller does log cancelled runs, but does not show it at this time.  We have plans to show the weather data and cancelled runs in future firmware release.

indo419

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 01:47:46 am »
We had rain today and the noaa website correctly indicated chance of rain at 90% for several hour before and after my scheduled run time. Conserve was set to 30% 4 hours. Timer did not cancel schedule run.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 12:24:36 am »
What firmware version is your controller?  For conservative settings, you should try 24 hrs into the future.