Author Topic: Zone One Comes On Arbitrarily  (Read 10519 times)

rl1131

• View Profile
Zone One Comes On Arbitrarily
« on: August 27, 2014, 04:57:14 pm »
My BlueSpray unit has been arbitrarily turning on zone 1 at random times (completely unrelated to any scheduled time).  The time varies from 1 to 3 minutes for the time on.  Normally I only notice it once in a great while (every few days).  As of today, it has become a real issue since 2pm it has been occurring about every 10 minutes or so.

When this occurs the unit is not accessible via the web interface.  If I wait 'till the water goes off, it is then accessible again.

Additionally, when the unit is reset via power off / power on, it turns on zone 1 for about 1 minute.

I have 2 zones free (15 and 16).  I will move zone one to one of these and hope the system continues to operate for now.

Please advise on potential solutions.

Thanks,

-Robert

rl1131

• View Profile
Re: Zone One Comes On Arbitrarily
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:14:23 pm »
One more note on this problem.  Even though zone 1 has been on several times, for several minutes... no indication of this appears in either the "Today's Runs" list, nor in the history tab time histogram.

It appears to be a ghost in the machine.   ::)

-Robert

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:35:25 pm »
What is the firmware version of your controller?

rl1131

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 12:53:00 am »
Controller's Firmware Version:
v1.2

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 12:50:29 pm »
How does it go since you move to another terminal?

rl1131

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 02:36:59 pm »
Before moving the station from 1 to another I wanted to make sure the system had a strong WiFi signal.  Whenever this problem happened I was unable to connect to the BlueSpray system... so I thought maybe that had something to do with the network connection.

My primary WiFi access point (AP) is some distance from the BlueSpray unit, but I had a local AP on the same SSID, but different channel (3 instead of 1).  I expected the BlueSpray to connect to the local AP since its signal strength would be the best.

To force the BlueSpray to connect to the local AP I changed its SSID to be unique in the area.  I then setup the BlueSpray to connect to this new SSID.

After making these changes I haven't had any issue with station 1.  Nor have I had any issue connecting to the BlueSpray unit over the network.

My experience could simply be a coincidence, so, I'd be interested to know if the network connectivity issues could have had this effect on station 1?

Thanks,

-Robert

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 08:21:03 pm »
There is absolutely no affect of the wifi signal to the terminals.  The wifi signals just keeps the unit connected to the network while the terminals are connected to a separate AC line from the power adapter. 
Let's just keep an eye out for it.