Author Topic: setup - no available networks found  (Read 10689 times)

gecoboy

• View Profile
setup - no available networks found
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:11:10 pm »
Anyone help, just setting this unit up - it does not come back with any wireless networks available!

There are 3 networks available in my environment.

Seems hung on the search pop up.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: setup - no available networks found
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 10:00:05 am »
Can you try the latest firmware from:

http://www.bluespray.net/support.html

to see if that helps?

nwlang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 08:33:43 pm »
I have the same issue setting up my Bluespray.. cant find networks, it just stalls out.  I did update the firmware and same issue.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 12:26:34 am »
BlueSpray can scan for nearby networks.  If you can't find any, probably because your wifi signal is weak.

nwlang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 10:44:53 am »
Thanks for the support.  There are 3 full strength signals.  I was able to find a network to connect to (I had to reset the controller) but now the Bluespray controller is not to be found in the network.  Setting to internet mode and the home network clicked save then the box pops up to connect to the network then click ok, I do that and it trys to redirect to the controller but it is never found

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 01:46:23 pm »
When you switch to Internet mode, the controller takes the network info you provided and tries to authenticate/connect to your wifi router.  The bluespray hotspot is gone as the controller switches to client mode to join your wifi network.  If your info is correct, it would successfully connect to your router and my.bluespray.net will take you to the controller's IP address.  If for some reason it fails to connect to your router, it will keep trying.  When my.bluespray.net says that controller not found, it means that the controller cannot connect to your router.  The reasons can be one of (most popular first):

1. the wifi signal at the controller is weak or sporadic.  Consider moving it closer to the router or use a wifi range extender.
2. The info you provided is incorrect - try again.
3. Your router might have some rules (MAC filtering?) that prevents the controller from connecting.

nwlang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 04:53:59 pm »
I had it working on the network the other day.  Now nothing.  I am doing everything correctly.  Now the BlueSpray does not even show up as a network after reset.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 11:34:30 am »
Please email our support group about your problem to get personal assistance.