Author Topic: IP address  (Read 7324 times)

vans1330

• View Profile
IP address
« on: August 02, 2013, 09:03:31 pm »
The IP address you have recommended is already being used by my router 192.168.1.1.  I cannot connect to Bluespray UI

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IP address
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:56:41 pm »
That should not be a problem.  The IP address 192.168.1.1 is the IP address which the controller uses for you to temporarily connect to it.  Once you made the controller in Internet mode, it will not use 192.168.1.1 any more, but whatever the IP address your router assigns to it.

vans1330

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 12:20:39 pm »
Thanks.  I am having trouble putting it on internet mode.  I have sufficient signal and am controlling it in stand-alone mode now.  Bluespray finds my network fine.  I entered the WPA2 info, but it does not allow me to save, so I cannot get the unit on IP mode.  Side switch is in up or normal position.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 02:38:34 pm »
By not allowing you to save, do you mean whatever info you put in, it does not save?  Please update your firmware to make sure it is the latest.  Just download this file onto your computer:

http://www.bluespray.net/download/bluespray-ar.img

Once updated, try again.  Make sure you enter the information correctly.

If the controller still cannot get an IP address, check your router's log (if possible) to see if there is a problem with any system getting an IP address.

Make sure your controller's placement has good wireless signal.  If it is weak, consider using another wireless router as a subnet.  We recommend a subnet router instead of repeater because it is more reliable and cheaper.

Please post back what you find.  We'll be here to help you.