Author Topic: Save Config  (Read 15177 times)

haxer11

• View Profile
Save Config
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:37:08 pm »
Is there a feature whereby all my settings can be saved to a remote file?

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Save Config
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:22:39 am »
Not currently, but backup and restore is in the plan for future firmware release.

haxer11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:46:20 pm »
Excellent!

bertlj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 06:44:02 pm »
Where are we on this issue?  Important capability.

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 08:23:31 pm »
Soo many features, well done. Just finished setting up my new BlueSpray and sort of shocked to find no save/download a setup file for backup. See this has been a feature request since 2014. When does it seem it may get implemented?

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 09:23:20 am »
We have plan to implement backup and restore to the cloud, but I heard marketing is deciding whether it'll be a paid subscription service, since it'd be stored in the cloud.

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 02:39:44 pm »
why not store it locally instead.. let the user create different operations, could decided didn't like configuration B , after saving A, and then can reload in A . This way dont need notes on what one changed.. all would be in the locally saved config file. Also could be an ASCII file , that one could edit instead of using the WYSIWYG, and then just upload it. I would greatly prefer a locally saved config file and the cherry on top would be and ASCII that could be edited and saved as yet another config and uploaded / imported.

BK

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022, 10:22:56 pm »
We have plan to implement backup and restore to the cloud, but I heard marketing is deciding whether it'll be a paid subscription service, since it'd be stored in the cloud.

Every time there's a firmware update, I look, but nothing yet.

So the huge positive of your hardware, and the reason I keep using/buying them, is that it's not cloud dependent.
Doing what marketing wants, making it a paid subscription for a bu feature, makes it a me too product, and not any better than the rest.
Keep an edge, make the back up and restore local, or cloud. you cover both crowds. And will keep people like me using your product. I hate the cloud.
I use a ton of Ubiquiti network hardware, cause one can go either way with it. Local or hosted cloud based.. user's choice. They have their corner of the market.

So when might we finally see a bu one can use (local) ?