Author Topic: Controller Status: button broken with update  (Read 7905 times)

LookingForAWiFiContoller

• View Profile
Controller Status: button broken with update
« on: November 16, 2013, 04:27:56 pm »
I tried uploading the update last night from a wired computer using IE 10. It hung up on 'Updating' and the spinning circle of death. After about 10 minutes I cancelled out of it and it looked like the update took, but things weren't right. That's when I remembered to use Firefox and promptly installed it. I tried the update again and it worked flawlessly.
I even restarted the controller via the webpage, and then went out to the garage and pulled the plug for a minute just to be safe.
Everything seems to be working except the Controller Status button. It won't change status. Granted I just had the irrigation system blown out for the winter last weekend, but I'm confident BlueSpray is working.
Anyone else have this problem?
I do like the mobile version! Much easier to navigate on my iphone.

Thanks

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Controller Status: button broken with update
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:00:01 pm »
Your IE probably runs in IE8 mode.  Just change it to IE9 mode or later should do it.
Click on the Settings wheel, choose developer option (or press F12).  Change the document mode to IE9 or later.

You don't have to unplug the controller (though no harm).  It's just that somehow Microsoft just decides to set their browser to IE8 by default.  But now that you've got Firefox, good choice.

What is your Status button stuck on?  What color is it?  Green means go, red means standby (no irrigating), yellow means delay (either rain sensor or manual delay).

LookingForAWiFiContoller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 07:55:26 am »
It's stuck in the ON status and the button is green. I had it in the standby mode when I applied the update.

Thanks for replying so quickly and no hurry since I've turned my schedules off. I'll leave it running over the winter to keep my garage door closed at night.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 07:09:57 pm »
Yes indeed it is a bug.  We've patched it and updated the firmware.  If you would update now, setting the power state should work.  Thanks for reporting the bug.

FYI, when the controller is in "standby" mode, it just does not water.  Other functions should work i.e. garage door.  Or if you had set your winter season to 0%, it won't water.  The power button should be seldom used, except for emergency turn off.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:43:56 pm by bluespray_admin »

LookingForAWiFiContoller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 07:54:49 pm »
Just reflashed and it worked! Thanks very much for the quick fix.