Author Topic: Lawn picture  (Read 7194 times)

eschwarzg

• View Profile
Lawn picture
« on: November 20, 2013, 04:21:43 pm »
Hi, I'll like to be able to change the lawn picture from a file in my computer, instead of the original way to do it with a URL, as I don't have a website to post my picture (I'm planning to copy a picture of my house from Google Maps).   Maybe there is another way to upload the picture I don't know?   Thank you!

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Lawn picture
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:33:22 am »
We've considered it, but there are a couple of problems if we allowed users to upload picture onto the controller:

1. Size - we don't have a lot of room.  We can probably control the size, but,
2. Malicious file - someone can upload virus in disguise and who knows what it would do.

There are so many sites out there that would be glad to host your pictures such as google, facebook, flickr, photobucket, etc. to name a few, for free.

We're also working on a tool that allows you enter your address, lets you center your house, then save all that info on the controller and it would just call google maps instead of using a picture somewhere.  But that would require permission from google, which requires you to obtain a user license to use their map (it's free).  You'd need a google account though.  We're looking at all options right now.

eschwarzg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 09:17:28 am »
Thanks for the quick response!  I was not aware of my options, but you are right. I'll post the piture to facebook or another sevice and get it from there. What are the size and the rest of the specifications for a correct file?

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 10:23:24 am »
It should be in the 4:3 aspect ratio.  The size of the lawn area is 800x600.

eschwarzg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 02:34:37 pm »
Hi, I prepare a photo from Google Earth and modify it to be JPEG 600x800 but when I load it it didn't work.   Can you help me?   Thanks.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 03:59:30 pm »
Where is the image hosted?  What is the url that you would use to view it from a browser?