Author Topic: Garage Door Controller Module  (Read 6274 times)

LookingForAWiFiContoller

• View Profile
Garage Door Controller Module
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:43:45 pm »
Well it's been almost 4 years since my last problem, and I'll be the first to say I've gotten my moneys worth with my BlueSpray. Very happy with it and that's why I'd like to fix it and keep it working. One morning I opened the kitchen door to the garage and saw the sun. The garage door failed to close at night. Sensor checks out. The wiring to the opener is good. I can faintly hear the relay on the door module click as I activate it from my phone. No continuity as the relay activates. I can't find a replacement, so I replace the JRC-21F 4100 relay with a exact model. Thank you Ebay. To my surprise, same faint click. Awww D@&%@! I can't see any damage the SMDs on the PCB. If a replacement for the module is available, I'm not sure that will fix it. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks for reading...

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Garage Door Controller Module
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:02:05 pm »
If you can hear the relay click, that means the relay's contact is closed.  After that, it's the other side.  Check your terminal contacts.

LookingForAWiFiContoller

• View Profile
Re: Garage Door Controller Module
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 07:40:53 am »
Thanks for responding. I have checked the terminal ends for continuity when the garage door on Bluespray is activated. There is none. If I short the two leads coming from the garage door opener at Bluespray, the door opens and closes appropriately. I have tested the replacement relay with my bench power supply before I installed it and there was a very audible click and continuity. I have also tested it at 2.5V .05A. The click is far less audible, but switch in the relay functions correctly. I'm no electrical engineer, but my guess is that the relay isn't getting enough voltage to activate.