Author Topic: BlueDroid, an Android app for controlling a BlueSpray system  (Read 11732 times)

swillden

• View Profile
BlueDroid, an Android app for controlling a BlueSpray system
« on: August 07, 2016, 05:35:18 pm »
I've uploaded the first, very early, version of the app to GitHub, at https://github.com/divegeek/BlueDroid. I'll eventually put it in the Play Store, but not until it's a little more generally usable.

Right now, all it does is:
  • Tell you if the garage door is open or closed, and since when
  • Allow you to open or close the garage

Also, the IP address of the controller is hard-coded, so you can't use it unless you download the code, modify the address to the value of your controller, then build and install. This is actually pretty easy to do, even for a non-programmer, but obviously the app isn't ready for general usage.

My next step is to get it working through the account-based API hosted on www.bluespray.net, so you can enter your username and password into the app and then control your door from anywhere you have Internet connectivity.

After that I'll start adding more features. This is very much an "in my copious (ha!) spare time" project, so progress will come in fits and starts. Contributions are very welcome.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BlueDroid, an Android app for controlling a BlueSpray system
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 04:13:17 pm »
We now have iOS and Android app.  Please search your app store for the official BlueSpray app.

Andrew

• View Profile
IOS app - lawn image
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 07:54:39 am »
Wondering if you plan to incorporate the Lawn Image Into the ios app as per the web app?

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BlueDroid, an Android app for controlling a BlueSpray system
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 05:23:40 pm »
The lawn view requires a large screen for drag and drop.  The phone screen is too small for it to be useful.  Hence, the phone app is designed for quick and easy functions such as turning on a zone and standard configurations.
For all other (advanced) functions, you should use your desktop browser.