Author Topic: Zone 2 programming now going to Zone 1  (Read 6038 times)

ryan.mercer

• View Profile
Zone 2 programming now going to Zone 1
« on: August 17, 2015, 10:45:36 am »
At some point over the last month my Zone 2 programming is now being sent out Zone 1. I now have 18 trees fighting to hang on through an Arizona summer because I have plants that have been getting all their water! I tested both zones with a volt meter and Zone 1 turns on whether it's Zone 1 or 2 that's selected.

Also, please develop some for of heartbeat monitoring for this device. I'm constantly having to reboot the device because it's become unresponsive and had ping response times greater than 3000ms. One I restart the device it's returns to its normal 3-5ms. Or even develop a weekly reboot process.

I'm starting to lose faith in this product and I really want to like it. I've already opened a ticket, but others need to be aware of this issue as well.

Should also add that I'm running v1.2.3
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:51:36 am by ryan.mercer »

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Zone 2 programming now going to Zone 1
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 10:51:45 am »
In 1.2.3, you have the ability to assign terminal to a zone.  I think both of your zone 1 and zone 2 are pointing to the same terminal.  Edit the zones and change the terminal #.
Is your controller connecting to a wifi extender or repeater by any chance?

ryan.mercer

• View Profile
Re: Zone 2 programming now going to Zone 1
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 11:17:38 am »
Update to the fix on this issue.

Thanks to James' quick response to my issue, we found that Zone 1 and Zone 2 were both pointing to Terminal 1 (instead of 1 and 2 respectively). I guess the terminal function was added in v1.2.3 and my Zone 2 did not convert correctly to terminal 2 during the upgrade process. So if you've recently upgraded to 1.2.3 it would be a good to idea to validate that all of your Zones are mapped to the correct terminal. I actually really like the terminal concept (now that I know about it), would have saved me some rewire work when I originally set it up!

Also, had to use IE to right and left click the zones. Chrome did not work well for this process.