Author Topic: Smart Phone App Planned?  (Read 8184 times)

docbrock

• View Profile
Smart Phone App Planned?
« on: August 10, 2013, 01:13:31 am »
Are there plans to develop a smart phone app for the iphone?  Without it, I suspect your controller is going to have limited success.  Programming, running stations, etc using the web browser on my iphone is very limited at best.  I suggest you research the app available for the IrrigationCaddy.  It is very easy to use on a smart phone and runs circles around this interface.  At this point, I am very disappointed with this controller.

Also I suggest you forgo the graphical UI since it is unlikely to closely match anyone's actual yard.  Instead, might I recommend a simple list of zones and programs.  The way it is now, I find myself accidentally moving the sprinkler icons all over the place as I am forced to scroll around the screen on my iphone.  Is there a reason the icons can't be set to stay put once placed?

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Smart Phone App Planned?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 04:19:18 pm »
There is a smart phone interface for BlueSpray.  It was just not ready when we first launched BlueSpray.  We will release it in the very near future.

It's a web UI, but without the "Lawn view" as you see on our main UI.  It will have the look and feel of an app, but you don't have to install anything.  Some of the functions that you see on the main UI won't be on the phone UI: Lawn view, add/delete zones, update firmware.  But you can do pretty much everything else.  We will announce its availability in our firmware release topic soon.

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:07:09 pm »
Firmware version v1.1 has been released with phone UI!  Please download from our support page and update.

eschwarzg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 02:09:23 pm »
I installed version 1.1 and try it with my iphone and  it worked very good, thank you so much!

bluespray_admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 06:41:44 pm »
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.  Of course, we always strive to make our product better, so any feedback is welcomed.