General Category > General Discussion

lawn jpg

(1/3) > >>

John Sanders:
What drawing program is recommended for creating lawn JPG and how is accessed by the controller?

Andrew:
Hi John,
I had a long search and tried quite a few different apps. 
I settled on "Realtime Landscaping Plus 2014". 

I was able to draw a scaled 3D model of my house & block which is then viewable in plan view.
It has a huge library of plants and many other objects you might find in a garden.
See my attached image.

At ~$80, it might seem a bit pricey, but for me the results were worth it.

As a bonus, I now also have a good package to help me with my landscaping planning.

Andrew

Canada_Guy:
Bluespray has a number of existing images on their site. One might work for you.  http://www.bluespray.net/lawns/

I ended up just using Paint (basic drawing program with Windows) to make mine. It's basic, but does the job.

I first outlined the property and major landmarks from a picture I printed from Google Maps or Bing Maps. Then I scanned it in as a JPG. Re sized to 800 x 600 (required size for BlueSpray). Then used Paint to clean up and add colours. It turned out OK for my purpose,

As for loading it to your controller, it needs to be hosted somewhere on the web (I use Photobucket). To link it to your controller, click the little wrench symbol (top left corner of the lawn image). Select "Use my own image" and enter the link to the image. Click SAVE.

Here's what my image looks like (yes a bit crude)

bluespray_admin:
Google map doesn't work for you?
In the age of drone, how about flying on up and snap a hi def pic of your property?

John Sanders:
lol....That might be more costly than the $80 program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version